Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Metamorphosis Monday



While blog hopping late last night, I ran across a weekly blog party over at Between Naps on the Porch.  Every week they host Metamorphosis Monday.  A party for people to show off all their great Before and After photos of recently completed home projects.

I thought I would join the fun this week with a huge project that Chris and I completed a few weeks ago.  Below is the Before picture of our drab backyard a few weeks prior to becoming first time homeowners.


And here is the After photo of our very own backyard playground! 

The grandparents purchased the playset from Costco last summer.  Chris and I built it, from start to finish, all on our own.  I even learned how to use a drill!  For the finishing touches we added a pallet full of rubber mulch and Frame It All border to keep the mulch out of the grass area.  The kids love having a "park" in their own backyard and I love sending Maya outside while preparing dinner in peace!  

Check back next Monday for another recently completed outdoor transformation.  This time on a smaller scale!   

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic project! A truly neat metamorphosis.

    It took 23 years to complete my most recent project. Come take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I'm from Frame it All and I would love to use your image as an example of the great spaces you an create with our playground border kit. I couldn't find your contact information, so I'm hoping you'll get this message. You can reach me at 1.800.767.8658 or email at kross@contech-inc.com I'd be happy to see if we could send you something as a thank you!

    ReplyDelete