Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

2010 Green Home Tour

These past two weekends, the Green Home Builders of the Triangle hosted their 2010 Green Home Tour, which took place in 5 surrounding triangle counties.  There were over 30 participating homes currently in the process of being certified green included in the free, self guided tour. I'm all for free weekend entertainment, so we grabbed our camera and gathered up the little ones for a Sunday afternoon of environmentally friendly home touring.  


The first home we stopped at was a real southern charmer with a double decker porch and two sets of french doors on the bottom level.  If I didn't loath two story homes, and I had a boat load of money, I'd move right into this place.  The home was still under construction with no flooring and most of the finishing touches still waiting to be installed.  I was a little worried about how the kids would do, running around fancy houses, but with no furniture or carpets to ruin, this was a great first stop.  



This home had a few elements I had to snap photos of to keep for possible future projects to Casa de Silvey.  Here are just a few:
Something like this would work great next to our coat closet by the front door.  

The stairwell is very similar to our own and although, I don't care for these particular light fixtures, I can appreciate the sentiment.  

Check back tomorrow for another installment of our Green Home Tour.  Spoiler Alert - we take a small detour!  

No comments:

Post a Comment